Sail to the Cowes, Isle of Wight, for lunch and an explore
For a wonderful day out with friends and family, sail to the Isle of Wight and visit the town of Cowes.
Cowes is the centre of sailing in the UK. It revolves around its coastal heritage and boasts a wonderful array of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Set off at 10am, head out into the Solent and spend the morning sailing. Stop for lunch in Cowes and spend some time exploring the harbour area and the high street.
In the afternoon, you can get back out on the water. Your skipper can show you the delights of the Solent and recommend the best things to see and do.
Return to Gosport for 6pm.
- First Mate
- Exploring the coast of Isle of Wight by boat
- Cost of lunch ashore
This stunning Dufour 450 is based in Haslar Marina in Gosport, Hampshire. She is ideally located to explore the beautiful waters and shores of the Solent, Isle of Wight and the South Coast of England. New in 2013, this super sleek yacht sleeps 10 in 4 double cabins and 2 in the salon. She benefits from having in mast reefing, radar, AIS, feathering prop and upgraded 75hp engine.
Destination & Suggested Itinerary
- Board the boat in Gosport at 10am.
- Enjoy a gentle sail over to the Isle of Wight.
- Stop at Cowes, see some of the wonderful boats that pass through.
- Head into town for lunch (skipper recommends The Coast restaurant on West Cowes high street).
- Have a drink in a local pub, explore the high street or you can get back on the water for some more sailing.
- Return to Gosport for 6pm.