Sailing day in the Solent to see the Napoleonic forts
Try sailing for a day on the South Coast of England on a yacht with your own Captain. Sail from Gosport (Southampton) out into the Solent and feel the wind in the sails.
Head out into the Solent to witness the sight of two Napoleonic armoured fortresses that jut out of the water. Sail across to the Isle of Wight to admire the beautiful costline.
You can try your hand at sailing and steering the boat. Enjoy a picnic lunch on board and stop off at Portsmouth to explore the harbour before you return to Gosport.
- Freshly made picnic lunch
- Close up of Napoleon's Solent forts
- Explore the coast of Isle of Wight by boat
This stunning Dufour 450 is based in Haslar Marina in Gosport, Hampshire. She is ideally located to explore the beautiful waters and shores of the Solent, Isle of Wight and the South Coast of England. New in 2013, this super sleek yacht sleeps 10 in 4 double cabins and 2 in the salon. She benefits from having in mast reefing, radar, AIS, feathering prop and upgraded 75hp engine.
Destination & Suggested Itinerary
- Board the boat at 9am in Gosport
- Sail out into the Solent and over to the forts
- Sit back and relax on board or ask your Skipper to show you the ropes
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on board
- Sail into Portsmouth and explore the dockyard (home to HMS Victory, Nelson's warship)
- Return to Gosport on the other side of the harbour and disembark at 5pm